Kids Summer Calendar

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Welcome!

So glad you found my site and I hope you find it useful!

After some encouragement from one of my good friends, I have decided to start a blog.  I should probably tell you a little about myself first.  Don't worry, I'll try to keep it brief!

I have three terrific (most of the time) kids under age 7.  I became a stay-at-home mom in 2011 after the birth of my third child.  I was raised in central Iowa, attended college in Missouri, and after a few moves, my husband and I moved back to central Iowa about 8 years ago to be close to our families. 

Here is a picture from last Halloween:


Although I was grateful to be able to choose to stay-at-home with my kids, the transition was extremely difficult for me.  I had tremendous anxiety and had suffered periods of depression in the past and I think I spent the first couple of months in a haze.  I struggled just to make it through the days and didn't feel like meeting other moms and making play dates with other kids, I was completely overwhelmed.

In the past two years, I am happy to say that I have adjusted pretty well to being a stay-at-home mom.  The days seem to fly by and I think it helps to stay busy, get outside whenever possible, and to have something for the kids to look forward to.  I have constantly been on the search for fun, inexpensive, family-friendly activities to keep my kiddos busy, especially during the summer months when the kids are out of school and I want to share these ideas with you!

It is my sincere hope that through my efforts I can help a mom, dad, grandma, or other caregiver find fun ways to make wonderful memories with their kiddos, even on a limited budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment