Kids Summer Calendar

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Activities for Monday, July 22

Okay, so it's been a busy week and weekend and I am just posting activities for Monday right now since my oldest turned 6 and we have been busy having fun and celebrating his big day!

Here are a few things going on in the Ames area on Monday:

This is the last week for the library activities in the area parks and the theme for the week is "Diggin' for Treasure."  Yo, ho, my hearties! Come to the park to do Pirate and Treasure themed activities, games, and crafts!

Monday, July 22, 10:00AM - Preschool Storytime at the Fire Station - preeschoolers and their parents and siblings will once again enjoy the book "Firefighters A to Z" with Todd and Smyles, see a fireman dressed in his gear and take a tour of the fire station.  Station #2, 132 Welch Ave.

Monday, July 22, 2:00PM - "Diggin' for Treasure" - 2:00PM, Brookside Park, Maple Shelter - see description above

6:30PM - Bookmobile Story Time - featuring books, music, and more, followed by a related craft activity - Abbie Sawyer Elementary

I hope to get the rest of the week's activities posted tomorrow and thank you for your patience.  I opted to make a Star Wars Lego spaceship with my boys tonight instead of taking time to do the blog.  Please check back for more updates & I hope you have a great start to your week!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Dan Wardell from IPTV will be at the Ames library this Wednesday I believe (I know you guys already saw him in Huxley). Have a fantastic week Loynchans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - yes, he is actually coming to Bandshell Park on Wednesday at both 2PM & 3PM - should be nice weather! You have a great week, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete